Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Being okay with a Non-Traditional Christmas Decor

 
Xmas is that time of year for "most" of us to get excited and anxious about decorating our homes....in a good way.  But over the years, I've become more adamant about not decorating using the reds and greens that so many of us just naturally associate with the holidays.  Instead, my interior designer blood comes out and I want it to compliment or match with the décor of my home.  Really you ask? Yes.  I'm so outside-of-the-box that even without xmas decorations up, I sometimes get a confused look as to my choice for decorating.  Not to say that's a bad thing but I don't want red and green ornaments in my white/tan/robin's egg blue living room.... so I shop for what works with my décor. And the end result still screams xmas without the hum-drum traditional look.  In the end, decorating for the holidays is truly based on what you feel in your heart and what you want to express in your home.  Here is a look into some "not so traditional" trees and other ideas for xmas...
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment